RESULTS OF OEMA-2017
According to the decree of the Ministry of Education and Science on March 13-16, 2017, on the basis of the Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostohradskyi National University, the II stage of the All-Ukrainian student’s Olympiad in the direction of “Electromechanics” for the specialty “Electric Machines and Apparatus” took place.
This year, the Olympiad was attended by 27 students who represented 7 higher educational institutions of Ukraine, which provide training in this and related specialties.
On the first day of the Olympiad the participants were offered the tasks of a theoretical tour, which were decided in writing.
After writing the tasks of the theoretical tour, the participants were invited to tour the city, where they visited: the embankment of the city, the sports complex of the Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostohradskyi National University, the local park “Pease”.
On the second day, a practical tour took place to solve problems involving the use of computers.
The subjects of the contest tasks covered the issues that are considered in the courses “Theoretical Foundations of Electrical Engineering”, “Electric Machines”, “Electrical Apparatus”, “Automated Design of Electrical Machines and Apparatuses”, “Mathematical Modeling of Electrical Machines and Apparatuses”, “Automated Electric Drive” and ” Testing, repair and operation of electric machines and devices “for the specialty” Electric machines and devices “, namely:
- – calculation of electrical and magnetic circuits of electrical machines;
- – determination of parameters and characteristics of electric machines;
- – operation of electric machines in static and transient modes;
- – determination of energy performance of electrical machines and transformers;
- – justification of operating modes of electrical machines and transformers in industrial equipment;
• – mathematical processing of the measured experimental data during the testing of electric machines and their structural elements using a computer.
The main indicators, according to which the completeness of the tasks of the competitive task was assessed:
- – knowledge of theoretical material;
- – the rationale for the methods used and the rationality of the proposed method for solving the problem;
• – quality of settlements;
- – sufficient support of calculations by graphic material and comments;
- – the ability to use packages of applied mathematical programs for solving applied problems by specialty.
When evaluating the work of participants, it was also accepted to take into account the originality of the method for solving problems.
The competitive tasks proposed for the solution were aimed at students of the 4th year, for whom the full term of study in the specialty does not exceed 5.5 years.
Most of the students who took part in the Olympiad showed a high level of training in the disciplines for which the contest tasks were compiled.
Based on the analysis of the contest entries, the jury decided to determine the contenders for the winners in the individual competition of the Olympiad and award:
|A place||Full name of the student||University|
|I||Oleynik Andrey||Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostohradskyi National University|
|II||Manukalov Ivan||National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”|
|III||Arefeva Maria||National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”|
The team offset was based on the results of comparing the average ball of the two best participants from the VNZ. The first place was won by the team of the National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”, which showed the highest average result, on the second – the team of the Kremenchuk Mykhailo Ostohradskyi National University, the third place was taken by the team of the Zaporozhye National Technical University and Kharkov National Technical University of Agriculture named after Petr Vasilenko.
Congratulations to all participants and wish you fruitful further training!
Organizing Committee of the Olympiad
Photos of Olympiad:
Link to photos of ОЕМА_2017